CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Summer Mishap!

At least she can get around now, we just got this permanent cast today. Until now, we had a temp. splint and I had to CARRY her everywhere. Wow I'm so glad that's over.

Okay, so we didn't escape summer without a "mishap." (I just love that word. My sister Julia has lots of "mishaps" don't you jul?) ;)
Anyway, Liv broke her foot last Saturday night jumping out of a friend's truck onto the grass. It didn't even look swollen, but she couldn't walk on it without crying so I took her in. Yes, this means no Soccer Season now. She is so bummed.
Also, we are going to Disneyland soon for the first time in six years, and I REALLY hope this cast is off first!!! Crap.
It wasn't a terrible break, but it was near her growth plate and enough of a break that they want her to have the cast for 4-6 weeks! So, she will start 3rd grade with a limp and a cast. I wonder how we'll give her baths and stuff?? Any tips out there from my friends? This is our first kid break.
Poor Liv's. She was so depressed yesterday. She's doing better today, now that she can get around and has a stylish pink cast!

8 comments:

Ronda said...

Oh no! Poor little girl. I love the bright pink cast though. Make sure you send a couple permenant markers with her to school! When Jordan broke his arm we bought this cover so that he could shower. But we discovered that new saran wrap "CLING" worked better, and a lot cheaper. Those are the only hints I have! Hope she can still enjoy Disneyland. When are you going? Oh, wait a minute. I think that your whole family can cut in the lines if she still has her cast! That's a really big plus! Just leave it on for Disneyland! Use a wheelchair!

Andrew said...

Hey there! poor Olivia, when Milo was in a cast, I didn't bathe him. I know it sounds pretty gross, maybe 4 times I pit him in water and Andy held his cast arm up while I scrubbed him. What a pain!
Melanie

Greg and Kimberly ... said...

Heidi - I saw your blog on Julie James' and had to say hi! Your family is beautiful. I wish I had known you were here in Utah, I'm in Lehi! Email me if you want, I'd love to catch up!
Kimberly (McGuire) Poulton

Greg and Kimberly ... said...

I'd guess it would help if I put my email address:
k_poulton@hotmail.com
poultongang.blogspot.com

Uff Da said...

If she still has the cast when you come to the mouse house we can get her a wheel chair and a "handicap" pass so we can take her in thru the exits of most rides. Do not worry as all of you will still have a wonderful time!

The Dillon 6 said...

You could wrap her leg in a garbage bag -- probably want to do it in 2 bags. But don't submerse it or anyting...it's just to protect the cast. ;)

Olivia -- I hope your leg heals VERY fast!!! If you can't go to DisneyLand, your Mom said she'll take me instead. ;) ahahahahahahaha

the family thorpe said...

My little Olivia! That girl is so brave and strong! She seems to be handling it so well. I didn't hear her complain once at the beach this last weekend! I am so sorry you were acting like her wheel chair all that time before you got her to the doctor.

Melanie said...

Heidi! You fixed my blog!! Thank you SO much, join facebook, Andy thinks he has more friends than me and he is just so wrong about that...
Melanie